For best results, we recommend that you use one of the following browsers: Firefox 4.0, Safari 5.0+, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 8.0.
1. Error Messages: If the information you entered is not accepted by the system, you will receive an error message.
2. Narrative Fields: It is recommended that you create your narrative in Word and then paste to the application form. The system will cut off your narrative at the word limit on the application form.
3. Uploading Documents: Documents must be in .doc or .pdf format. The most recent versions of Microsoft Office software can save any document in .pdf using the SAVE AS command. If you are using older versions of MS Office 2010 in Windows or MS Office 2008 on the Macintosh, or other software, here are suggestions for saving in .pdf format:
- Windows: You may download an add-on for MS Office 2007 from Microsoft that adds this feature. There are several free or inexpensive programs that create .pdf files, such as “doPDF.”
- Macintosh: Select PRINT in any program and then click the PDF BUTTON.
4. To attach your documents, select BROWSE to find the file on your computer and then select UPLOAD.
5. Saving and Submitting your Request Summary: The sequence is: Click on SAVE DRAFT. You may continue to edit your information and SAVE DRAFT. Do not close your browser or log out until you have visual confirmation that your information has been saved. When you have the information completed, read the Grant Recipient Agreement and then check the “I agree” box. You will receive a message: Are you sure you want to submit this document for our review? If you are ready to submit, click on “OK.” Submit to KFP will appear on the screen.
6. Invitation to Submit a Full Proposal: If the Board is interested in your program, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to submit a Full Proposal. Log in to your Account at www.ketteringfamilyphilanthropies.org. Under the heading Full Proposals - Requested you will be able to access the information you need to complete the Full Proposal that is an addition to the information previously submitted in your Request Summary.
7. Changing information on your Request Summary: Once you have submitted your Request Summary, you cannot change the information. If updates need to be made, such as the contact name and phone number, contact KFP. If you have been invited to submit a Full Proposal you may update Request Summary information in the first section of the Full Proposal.
8. Deadlines: We suggest that you do not wait until the last minute to start working on your application, as deadlines are strictly enforced.