Fri, 05/18/2018 - 05:50
THE KETTERING FAMILY PHILANTHROPIES GRANT RECIPIENT AGREEMENT
- The Grantee understands and will comply with all conditions in the grant award letter.
- The Grantee did not receive any assurance from anyone associated with Kettering Family Philanthropies (KFP) that a grant would be approved prior to the appropriate committee formally reviewing and approving any grant proposal.
- As a part of the review process, Kettering Family Philanthropies reserves the right to review applications with community planning agencies, resource people, and/or other funding sources. This can occur when KFP thinks that their input would be helpful in assessing applications and their potential significance.
- In the event that the grant is not immediately spent for the purpose stated in the grant proposal, Grantee will hold such funds in a conservatively managed escrow account. Earnings on these funds will be applied to the stated project. The grant and any accumulated earnings may not be used as collateral for any other purpose.
- The Grantee will use the funds only for the designated purpose as stated in the grant proposal, will not use the funds for any purpose prohibited by law, and for charitable purposes only. The grant will not be used: (a) To lobby or otherwise attempt to influence legislation, (b) To influence the outcome of any specific public election or participate or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office, or conduct, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive.
- If circumstances warrant a change in the use of the grant, Grantee must submit a written request for redirection of the grant. The granting organization will respond in a reasonable period of time as to whether or not the request is granted. If the request is denied, both principal and accumulated earnings must be returned to the granting organization.
- The Grantee must provide the granting organization the opportunity to review in advance any press release, announcement, publication or similar material that makes use of the granting organization’s name.
- The Grantee will submit a financial and narrative report on the project funded within one year of payment of the grant, unless another deadline has been mutually agreed upon. Grantee may request, in writing, an extension of the deadline. At the end of the grant period, any unused portion of the grant and accumulated earnings must be returned.
- At the time of application, Grantee certified that it is a 501 © (3) organization as described in the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and further described in the IRC as a 509(a) (1), (2) or (3), Type I or II organization. Grantee will report immediately to Kettering Family Philanthropies any change in its tax-exempt status, which may warrant termination of the grant.